Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about American Funds RGWEX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for RGWEX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "RGWEX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on RGWEX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "RGWEX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell RGWEX? Or perhaps you’re looking for RGWEX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this RGWEX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: RGWEX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: RGWEX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in RGWEX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to RGWEX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Portfolio Series: American Funds Growth Portfolio; Class R-4 Shares (RGWEX).
- What are RGWEX holdings?
- What is RGWEX performance? What are RGWEX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did RGWEX have historically?
- What is RGWEX dividend yield?
- What is RGWEX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is RGWEX expense ratio?
- Does RGWEX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is RGWEX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is RGWEX beta? How would you assess RGWEX risk?
- What is RGWEX Sharpe ratio?
- What is RGWEX Finny Score? RGWEX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in RGWEX? What are RGWEX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in RGWEX? What are RGWEX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Portfolio Series: American Funds Growth Portfolio; Class R-4 Shares (RGWEX).
The Fund seeks long-term growth of capital. The Fund will have significant exposure to growth-oriented common stocks. The Fund will typically have significant exposure to issuers domiciled outside the United States. The Fund may also have exposure to smaller capitalization issuers and issuers in emerging markets.
2. What are RGWEX top holdings?
RGWEX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 6 holdings represent 100.03% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|American Funds Growth Fund of Amer R6||RGAGX||20.21%|
|American Funds AMCAP R6||RAFGX||20.04%|
|American Funds Fundamental Invs R6||RFNGX||19.96%|
|American Funds Invmt Co of Amer R6||RICGX||15.01%|
|American Funds Europacific Growth R6||RERGX||14.91%|
|American Funds SMALLCAP World R6||RLLGX||9.90%|
3. What is RGWEX performance? What are RGWEX historical returns?
RGWEX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 2.31%;
- 3-month return is 10.59%;
- 1-year return is 20.83%;
- 3-year return is 11.90%;
- 5-year return is 12.61%.
4. How many up and down years did RGWEX have historically?
In the last 10 years, RGWEX had 9 up years and 1 down year. See Performances
5. What is RGWEX dividend yield?
RGWEX yield is 0.85%.
6. What is RGWEX minimum initial investment amount?
RGWEX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is RGWEX expense ratio?
RGWEX expense ratio is 0.72%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does RGWEX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
RGWEX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. RGWEX front-end sales load is 0. RGWEX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is RGWEX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.3%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.16%.
10. What is RGWEX beta? How would you assess RGWEX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.97;
- 5-year beta is 0.97.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 5 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in RGWEX? What are RGWEX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy RGWEX.
14. What are the cons of investing in RGWEX? What are RGWEX negatives?
The following are RGWEX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>RGWEX net assets</strong> are $64.50 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>RGWEX 3-year return</strong> is 11.9%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 13.64%.
- <strong>RGWEX 5-year return</strong> is 12.61%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 14.57%.
- <strong>RGWEX expense ratio</strong> is 0.72%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund.