7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $15/month, without ads. Start a trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Semper SEMIX mutual fund
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for SEMIX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "SEMIX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on SEMIX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "SEMIX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell SEMIX? Or perhaps you’re looking for SEMIX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this SEMIX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: SEMIX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: SEMIX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in SEMIX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to SEMIX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Advisors Series Trust: Semper Short Duration Fund; Institutional Class Shares (SEMIX).
- What are SEMIX holdings?
- What is SEMIX performance? What are SEMIX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did SEMIX have historically?
- What is SEMIX dividend yield?
- What is SEMIX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is SEMIX expense ratio?
- Does SEMIX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is SEMIX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is SEMIX beta? How would you assess SEMIX risk?
- What is SEMIX Sharpe ratio?
- What is SEMIX Finny Score? SEMIX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in SEMIX? What are SEMIX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in SEMIX? What are SEMIX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Advisors Series Trust: Semper Short Duration Fund; Institutional Class Shares (SEMIX).
The Fund seeks a high level of current income that is consistent with preservation of capital. The Fund invests primarily in investment-grade debt securities of domestic entities. An unrated debt security may be treated as investment grade. The Fund defines short duration as a duration ranging from 0.5 to 3.0 years.
2. What are SEMIX top holdings?
SEMIX has 0 stock holdings and 303 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 12.01% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Towd Point Mortgage Trust 2019-Hy3 1.99%||N/A||1.74%|
|Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation 2.54%||N/A||1.47%|
|Volt Lxxxvi Llc 2020-Npl2 3.67%||N/A||1.34%|
|Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation 2.99%||N/A||1.19%|
|TOWD POINT MORTGAGE TRUST 5%||N/A||1.17%|
|Federal Farm Credit Banks 3.04%||N/A||1.05%|
|Federal National Mortgage Association 2.94%||N/A||1.05%|
|JP MORGAN MORTGAGE TRUST 4.25%||N/A||1.02%|
|OBX TRUST 1.39%||N/A||1.01%|
|Atlas Senior Loan Fund IX Ltd 2.01%||N/A||0.97%|
3. What is SEMIX performance? What are SEMIX historical returns?
SEMIX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 0.81%;
- 3-month return is 3.31%;
- 1-year return is -1.92%;
- 3-year return is 1.23%;
- 5-year return is 1.74%.
4. How many up and down years did SEMIX have historically?
In the last 10 years, SEMIX had 10 up years and 0 down years. See Performances
5. What is SEMIX dividend yield?
SEMIX yield is 3.1%.
6. What is SEMIX minimum initial investment amount?
SEMIX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is SEMIX expense ratio?
SEMIX expense ratio is 0.61%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does SEMIX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
SEMIX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. SEMIX front-end sales load is 0. SEMIX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is SEMIX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.01%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 1.14%.
10. What is SEMIX beta? How would you assess SEMIX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.42;
- 5-year beta is 0.28.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 40. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 40.
13. What are the pros of investing in SEMIX? What are SEMIX buy reasons?
The following are SEMIX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>SEMIX 5-year return</strong> is 1.74%, which is in line with the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg Barclays US Government 1-3 Yr TR USD), 1.85%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in SEMIX? What are SEMIX negatives?
The following are SEMIX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>SEMIX net assets</strong> are $398.20 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>SEMIX 3-year return</strong> is 1.23%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg Barclays US Government 1-3 Yr TR USD), 2.59%.
- <strong>SEMIX expense ratio</strong> is 0.61%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?