Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about Semper SEMOX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for SEMOX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "SEMOX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on SEMOX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "SEMOX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell SEMOX? Or perhaps you’re looking for SEMOX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this SEMOX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: SEMOX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: SEMOX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in SEMOX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to SEMOX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe Advisors Series Trust: Semper MBS Total Return Fund; Class A Shares (SEMOX).
- What are SEMOX holdings?
- What is SEMOX performance? What are SEMOX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did SEMOX have historically?
- What is SEMOX dividend yield?
- What is SEMOX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is SEMOX expense ratio?
- Does SEMOX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is SEMOX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is SEMOX beta? How would you assess SEMOX risk?
- What is SEMOX Sharpe ratio?
- What is SEMOX Finny Score? SEMOX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in SEMOX? What are SEMOX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in SEMOX? What are SEMOX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe Advisors Series Trust: Semper MBS Total Return Fund; Class A Shares (SEMOX).
The Fund seeks high level of risk-adjusted current income and capital appreciation. The Fund invests at least 80% of its net assets in MBS. MBS refers to a type of fixed income instrument that represents an interest in a pool of mortgages, including residential MBS and commercial MBS and government sponsored entities.
2. What are SEMOX top holdings?
SEMOX has 0 stock holdings and 476 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 16.92% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Federal National Mortgage Association 3.74%||N/A||2.16%|
|TOWD POINT MORTGAGE TRUST 5%||N/A||1.99%|
|LSTAR SECURITIES INVESTMENT LTD 3.48%||N/A||1.86%|
|Greenpoint Mtg Fdg 1.11%||N/A||1.64%|
|GS MORTGAGE-BACKED SECURITIES TRUST 3.63%||N/A||1.61%|
|Volt Lxxxvii Llc 4.34%||N/A||1.44%|
|Volt Lxxxvi Llc 2020-Npl2 3.67%||N/A||1.36%|
|LSTAR SECURITIES INVESTMENT LTD 3.58%||N/A||1.32%|
|Lehman Mortgage Trust 0.87%||N/A||1.18%|
3. What is SEMOX performance? What are SEMOX historical returns?
SEMOX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 0.91%;
- 3-month return is 6.88%;
- 1-year return is -12.04%;
- 3-year return is -1.38%;
- 5-year return is 0.77%.
4. How many up and down years did SEMOX have historically?
In the last 10 years, SEMOX had 10 up years and 0 down years. See Performances
5. What is SEMOX dividend yield?
SEMOX yield is 4.72%.
6. What is SEMOX minimum initial investment amount?
SEMOX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is SEMOX expense ratio?
SEMOX expense ratio is 1.01%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does SEMOX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
SEMOX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. SEMOX front-end sales load is 2. SEMOX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is SEMOX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.79%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 2%.
10. What is SEMOX beta? How would you assess SEMOX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.67;
- 5-year beta is 0.42.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 5 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in SEMOX? What are SEMOX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy SEMOX.
14. What are the cons of investing in SEMOX? What are SEMOX negatives?
The following are SEMOX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>SEMOX net assets</strong> are $34.30 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>SEMOX 3-year return</strong> is -1.38%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg Barclays US MBS TR USD), 3.67%.
- <strong>SEMOX 5-year return</strong> is 0.77%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Bloomberg Barclays US MBS TR USD), 3.08%.
- <strong>SEMOX expense ratio</strong> is 1.01%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 2%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.