7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Virtus SGAAX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for SGAAX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "SGAAX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on SGAAX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "SGAAX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell SGAAX? Or perhaps you’re looking for SGAAX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this SGAAX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: SGAAX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: SGAAX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in SGAAX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to SGAAX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon SGA Global Growth Fund; Class A Shares (SGAAX).
- What are SGAAX holdings?
- What is SGAAX performance? What are SGAAX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did SGAAX have historically?
- What is SGAAX dividend yield?
- What is SGAAX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is SGAAX expense ratio?
- Does SGAAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is SGAAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is SGAAX beta? How would you assess SGAAX risk?
- What is SGAAX Sharpe ratio?
- What is SGAAX Finny Score? SGAAX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in SGAAX? What are SGAAX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in SGAAX? What are SGAAX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon SGA Global Growth Fund; Class A Shares (SGAAX).
The Fund seeks long term capital appreciation. The Fund primarily invests in equity securities of companies located throughout the world, including the United States (U.S.), wherein at least 40% of its net assets is invested in issuers organized, headquartered or doing a substantial amount of business outside the U.S.
2. What are SGAAX top holdings?
SGAAX has 32 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 37.64% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Visa Inc Class A||V||4.30%|
|Alphabet Inc Class C||GOOG||4.15%|
|Alibaba Group Holding Ltd ADR||BABA||3.68%|
|HDFC Bank Ltd ADR||HDB.BO||3.62%|
|IHS Markit Ltd||INFO||3.56%|
|Fast Retailing Co Ltd||9983||3.31%|
3. What is SGAAX performance? What are SGAAX historical returns?
SGAAX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 2.69%;
- 3-month return is 12.94%;
- 1-year return is 26.30%;
- 3-year return is 18.04%;
- 5-year return is 17.74%.
4. How many up and down years did SGAAX have historically?
In the last 10 years, SGAAX had 9 up years and 1 down year. See Performances
5. What is SGAAX dividend yield?
SGAAX yield is 0%.
6. What is SGAAX minimum initial investment amount?
SGAAX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is SGAAX expense ratio?
SGAAX expense ratio is 1.39%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does SGAAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
SGAAX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. SGAAX front-end sales load is 5.75. SGAAX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is SGAAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.78%.
10. What is SGAAX beta? How would you assess SGAAX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.93;
- 5-year beta is 0.93.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 40. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 3 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 40.
13. What are the pros of investing in SGAAX? What are SGAAX buy reasons?
The following are SGAAX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>SGAAX 3-year return</strong> is 18.04%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 8.25%.
- <strong>SGAAX 5-year return</strong> is 17.74%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 10.5%.
14. What are the cons of investing in SGAAX? What are SGAAX negatives?
The following are SGAAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>SGAAX net assets</strong> are $4.90 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>SGAAX expense ratio</strong> is 1.39%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 5.75%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.