7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $15 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about Virtus SGAPX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for SGAPX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "SGAPX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on SGAPX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "SGAPX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell SGAPX? Or perhaps you’re looking for SGAPX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this SGAPX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: SGAPX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: SGAPX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in SGAPX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to SGAPX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon SGA Global Growth Fund; Investor Class Shares (SGAPX).
- What are SGAPX holdings?
- What is SGAPX performance? What are SGAPX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did SGAPX have historically?
- What is SGAPX dividend yield?
- What is SGAPX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is SGAPX expense ratio?
- Does SGAPX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is SGAPX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is SGAPX beta? How would you assess SGAPX risk?
- What is SGAPX Sharpe ratio?
- What is SGAPX Finny Score? SGAPX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in SGAPX? What are SGAPX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in SGAPX? What are SGAPX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon SGA Global Growth Fund; Investor Class Shares (SGAPX).
The Fund seeks long term capital appreciation. The Fund primarily invests in equity securities of companies located throughout the world, including the United States (U.S.), wherein at least 40% of its net assets is invested in issuers organized, headquartered or doing a substantial amount of business outside the U.S.
2. What are SGAPX top holdings?
SGAPX has 33 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 39.38% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Alibaba Group Holding Ltd ADR||BABA||4.73%|
|Visa Inc Class A||V||4.03%|
|Alphabet Inc Class C||GOOG||3.98%|
|HDFC Bank Ltd ADR||HDB.BO||3.98%|
|Facebook Inc A||FB||3.68%|
|AIA Group Ltd||01299.HK||3.64%|
|Fleetcor Technologies Inc||FLT||3.55%|
3. What is SGAPX performance? What are SGAPX historical returns?
SGAPX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 1.32%;
- 3-month return is 7.62%;
- 1-year return is 30.98%;
- 3-year return is 18.18%;
- 5-year return is 16.67%.
4. How many up and down years did SGAPX have historically?
In the last 10 years, SGAPX had 9 up years and 1 down year.
5. What is SGAPX dividend yield?
SGAPX yield is 0.01%.
6. What is SGAPX minimum initial investment amount?
SGAPX minimum initial investment amount is $3.00K.
7. What is SGAPX expense ratio?
SGAPX expense ratio is 1.14%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does SGAPX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
SGAPX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. SGAPX front-end sales load is 0. SGAPX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is SGAPX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.01%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.78%.
10. What is SGAPX beta? How would you assess SGAPX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.93;
- 5-year beta is 0.93.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 60. Our quantitative analysis shows 3 reasons to buy and 2 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 60.
13. What are the pros of investing in SGAPX? What are SGAPX buy reasons?
The following are SGAPX strengths from our perspective:
- SGAPX 3-year return is 18.18%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 8.86%.
- SGAPX 5-year return is 16.67%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI ACWI NR USD), 10.5%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in SGAPX? What are SGAPX negatives?
The following are SGAPX weaknesses from our perspective:
- SGAPX net assets are $27.30 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- SGAPX expense ratio is 1.14%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?