7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Beacon SHOAX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for SHOAX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "SHOAX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on SHOAX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "SHOAX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell SHOAX? Or perhaps you’re looking for SHOAX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this SHOAX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: SHOAX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: SHOAX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in SHOAX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to SHOAX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon SiM High Yield Opportunities Fund; Class A Shares (SHOAX).
- What are SHOAX holdings?
- What is SHOAX performance? What are SHOAX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did SHOAX have historically?
- What is SHOAX dividend yield?
- What is SHOAX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is SHOAX expense ratio?
- Does SHOAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is SHOAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is SHOAX beta? How would you assess SHOAX risk?
- What is SHOAX Sharpe ratio?
- What is SHOAX Finny Score? SHOAX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in SHOAX? What are SHOAX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in SHOAX? What are SHOAX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon SiM High Yield Opportunities Fund; Class A Shares (SHOAX).
The Fund seeks high current income and, secondarily, capital appreciation. The Fund invests in a diversified portfolio of fixed income securities that are generally rated below investment grade or deemed to be below investment grade by the investment sub-advisor.
2. What are SHOAX top holdings?
SHOAX has 5 stock holdings and 77 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 19.06% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|U.S. Government Money Market Average||N/A||2.52%|
|Berry Petroleum Company LLC 7%||N/A||2.47%|
|Cenovus Energy Inc 6.75%||N/A||1.94%|
|MEG Energy Corporation 7%||N/A||1.90%|
|Darling Ingredients, Inc 5.25%||N/A||1.87%|
|HCA Inc. 4.5%||N/A||1.85%|
|Select Medical Corporation 6.25%||N/A||1.64%|
|Churchill Downs Inc 4.75%||N/A||1.63%|
|Mednax, Inc. 6.25%||N/A||1.62%|
|Pilgrims Pride Corporation 5.88%||N/A||1.62%|
3. What is SHOAX performance? What are SHOAX historical returns?
SHOAX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 2.88%;
- 3-month return is 7.06%;
- 1-year return is 2.38%;
- 3-year return is 3.83%;
- 5-year return is 5.20%.
4. How many up and down years did SHOAX have historically?
In the last 10 years, SHOAX had 8 up years and 2 down years. See Performances
5. What is SHOAX dividend yield?
SHOAX yield is 5.93%.
6. What is SHOAX minimum initial investment amount?
SHOAX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is SHOAX expense ratio?
SHOAX expense ratio is 1.17%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does SHOAX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
SHOAX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. SHOAX front-end sales load is 4.75. SHOAX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is SHOAX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 2.48%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 2.27%.
10. What is SHOAX beta? How would you assess SHOAX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.50;
- 5-year beta is 0.41.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 5 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in SHOAX? What are SHOAX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy SHOAX.
14. What are the cons of investing in SHOAX? What are SHOAX negatives?
The following are SHOAX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>SHOAX net assets</strong> are $23.30 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>SHOAX 3-year return</strong> is 3.83%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (ICE BofA US High Yield TR USD), 4.38%.
- <strong>SHOAX 5-year return</strong> is 5.2%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (ICE BofA US High Yield TR USD), 6.2%.
- <strong>SHOAX expense ratio</strong> is 1.17%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and front-end sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%, while the maximum front-end sales load is 4.75%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Front-end sales load, also known as sales charge, is a fee paid when mutual funds shares are purchased. Those fees are subtracted from your total investable assets.