Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about American Beacon SHOIX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for SHOIX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "SHOIX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on SHOIX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "SHOIX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell SHOIX? Or perhaps you’re looking for SHOIX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this SHOIX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: SHOIX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: SHOIX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in SHOIX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to SHOIX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon SiM High Yield Opportunities Fund; Institutional Class Shares (SHOIX).
- What are SHOIX holdings?
- What is SHOIX performance? What are SHOIX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did SHOIX have historically?
- What is SHOIX dividend yield?
- What is SHOIX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is SHOIX expense ratio?
- Does SHOIX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is SHOIX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is SHOIX beta? How would you assess SHOIX risk?
- What is SHOIX Sharpe ratio?
- What is SHOIX Finny Score? SHOIX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in SHOIX? What are SHOIX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in SHOIX? What are SHOIX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon SiM High Yield Opportunities Fund; Institutional Class Shares (SHOIX).
The Fund seeks high current income and, secondarily, capital appreciation. The Fund invests in a diversified portfolio of fixed income securities that are generally rated below investment grade or deemed to be below investment grade by the investment sub-advisor.
2. What are SHOIX top holdings?
SHOIX has 0 stock holdings and 85 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 19.59% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Berry Petroleum Company LLC 7%||N/A||2.39%|
|Cenovus Energy Inc 6.75%||N/A||2.36%|
|Gogo Intermediate Holdings LLC and Gogo Finance Co. Inc. 9.88%||N/A||2.21%|
|Ces Energy Solutions Corp 6.38%||N/A||2.01%|
|Mednax, Inc. 6.25%||N/A||1.94%|
|Churchill Downs Inc 4.75%||N/A||1.84%|
|Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc. 6.5%||N/A||1.76%|
|Boyd Gaming Corporation 4.75%||N/A||1.74%|
|Pilgrims Pride Corporation 5.88%||N/A||1.73%|
|Ladbrokes Group Finance plc 5.12%||N/A||1.61%|
3. What is SHOIX performance? What are SHOIX historical returns?
SHOIX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 2.66%;
- 3-month return is 6.34%;
- 1-year return is 6.07%;
- 3-year return is 5.55%;
- 5-year return is 8.09%.
4. How many up and down years did SHOIX have historically?
In the last 10 years, SHOIX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is SHOIX dividend yield?
SHOIX yield is 6.33%.
6. What is SHOIX minimum initial investment amount?
SHOIX minimum initial investment amount is $250.00K.
7. What is SHOIX expense ratio?
SHOIX expense ratio is 0.85%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does SHOIX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
SHOIX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. SHOIX front-end sales load is 0. SHOIX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is SHOIX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 2.74%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 2.57%.
10. What is SHOIX beta? How would you assess SHOIX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.54;
- 5-year beta is 0.44.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 60. Our quantitative analysis shows 3 reasons to buy and 2 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 60.
13. What are the pros of investing in SHOIX? What are SHOIX buy reasons?
The following are SHOIX strengths from our perspective:
- SHOIX 3-year return is 5.55%, which is in line with the 3-year return of the benchmark index (ICE BofA US High Yield TR USD), 5.64%.
- SHOIX 5-year return is 8.09%, which is in line with the 5-year return of the benchmark index (ICE BofA US High Yield TR USD), 8.47%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in SHOIX? What are SHOIX negatives?
The following are SHOIX weaknesses from our perspective:
- SHOIX net assets are $411.30 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- SHOIX expense ratio is 0.85%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?