Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about American Beacon SHOYX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for SHOYX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "SHOYX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on SHOYX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "SHOYX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell SHOYX? Or perhaps you’re looking for SHOYX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this SHOYX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: SHOYX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: SHOYX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in SHOYX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to SHOYX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon SiM High Yield Opportunities Fund; Class Y Shares (SHOYX).
- What are SHOYX holdings?
- What is SHOYX performance? What are SHOYX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did SHOYX have historically?
- What is SHOYX dividend yield?
- What is SHOYX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is SHOYX expense ratio?
- Does SHOYX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is SHOYX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is SHOYX beta? How would you assess SHOYX risk?
- What is SHOYX Sharpe ratio?
- What is SHOYX Finny Score? SHOYX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in SHOYX? What are SHOYX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in SHOYX? What are SHOYX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon SiM High Yield Opportunities Fund; Class Y Shares (SHOYX).
The Fund seeks high current income and, secondarily, capital appreciation. The Fund invests in a diversified portfolio of fixed income securities that are generally rated below investment grade or deemed to be below investment grade by the investment sub-advisor.
2. What are SHOYX top holdings?
SHOYX has 0 stock holdings and 79 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 19.59% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Berry Petroleum Company LLC 7%||N/A||2.39%|
|Cenovus Energy Inc 6.75%||N/A||2.36%|
|Gogo Intermediate Holdings LLC and Gogo Finance Co. Inc. 9.88%||N/A||2.21%|
|Ces Energy Solutions Corp 6.38%||N/A||2.01%|
|Mednax, Inc. 6.25%||N/A||1.94%|
|Churchill Downs Inc 4.75%||N/A||1.84%|
|Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc. 6.5%||N/A||1.76%|
|Boyd Gaming Corporation 4.75%||N/A||1.74%|
|Pilgrims Pride Corporation 5.88%||N/A||1.73%|
|Ladbrokes Group Finance plc 5.12%||N/A||1.61%|
3. What is SHOYX performance? What are SHOYX historical returns?
SHOYX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 2.61%;
- 3-month return is 8.57%;
- 1-year return is 8.57%;
- 3-year return is 5.89%;
- 5-year return is 8.96%.
4. How many up and down years did SHOYX have historically?
In the last 10 years, SHOYX had 7 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is SHOYX dividend yield?
SHOYX yield is 6.19%.
6. What is SHOYX minimum initial investment amount?
SHOYX minimum initial investment amount is $100.00K.
7. What is SHOYX expense ratio?
SHOYX expense ratio is 0.9%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does SHOYX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
SHOYX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. SHOYX front-end sales load is 0. SHOYX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is SHOYX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 2.72%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 2.55%.
10. What is SHOYX beta? How would you assess SHOYX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.54;
- 5-year beta is 0.45.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 60. Our quantitative analysis shows 3 reasons to buy and 2 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 60.
13. What are the pros of investing in SHOYX? What are SHOYX buy reasons?
The following are SHOYX strengths from our perspective:
- SHOYX 3-year return is 5.89%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (ICE BofA US High Yield TR USD), 5.74%.
- SHOYX 5-year return is 8.96%, which is in line with the 5-year return of the benchmark index (ICE BofA US High Yield TR USD), 9.08%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in SHOYX? What are SHOYX negatives?
The following are SHOYX weaknesses from our perspective:
- SHOYX net assets are $644.10 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- SHOYX expense ratio is 0.9%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?