7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Beacon SHYPX mutual fund
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for SHYPX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "SHYPX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on SHYPX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "SHYPX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell SHYPX? Or perhaps you’re looking for SHYPX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this SHYPX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: SHYPX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: SHYPX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in SHYPX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to SHYPX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon SiM High Yield Opportunities Fund; Investor Class Shares (SHYPX).
- What are SHYPX holdings?
- What is SHYPX performance? What are SHYPX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did SHYPX have historically?
- What is SHYPX dividend yield?
- What is SHYPX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is SHYPX expense ratio?
- Does SHYPX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is SHYPX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is SHYPX beta? How would you assess SHYPX risk?
- What is SHYPX Sharpe ratio?
- What is SHYPX Finny Score? SHYPX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in SHYPX? What are SHYPX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in SHYPX? What are SHYPX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon SiM High Yield Opportunities Fund; Investor Class Shares (SHYPX).
The Fund seeks high current income and, secondarily, capital appreciation. The Fund invests in a diversified portfolio of fixed income securities that are generally rated below investment grade or deemed to be below investment grade by the investment sub-advisor.
2. What are SHYPX top holdings?
SHYPX has 5 stock holdings and 77 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 19.54% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Athabasca Oil Corporation 9.88%||N/A||2.23%|
|HCA Inc. 4.5%||N/A||2.22%|
|Baytex Energy Corp 5.62%||N/A||2.11%|
|Berry Petroleum Company LLC 7%||N/A||1.99%|
|MPT Operating Partnership LP / MPT Finance Corporation 4.62%||N/A||1.86%|
|Verisign, Inc. 4.75%||N/A||1.86%|
|Darling Ingredients, Inc 5.25%||N/A||1.84%|
|Jbs Usa Lux SA/Jbs Usa Food Company/Jbs Usa Finance Inc 5.5%||N/A||1.84%|
|AMN Healthcare Allied Inc 4.62%||N/A||1.80%|
|Entegris Inc 4.62%||N/A||1.79%|
3. What is SHYPX performance? What are SHYPX historical returns?
SHYPX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 1.28%;
- 3-month return is 4.96%;
- 1-year return is 0.70%;
- 3-year return is 3.43%;
- 5-year return is 5.12%.
4. How many up and down years did SHYPX have historically?
In the last 10 years, SHYPX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is SHYPX dividend yield?
SHYPX yield is 5.91%.
6. What is SHYPX minimum initial investment amount?
SHYPX minimum initial investment amount is $3.00K.
7. What is SHYPX expense ratio?
SHYPX expense ratio is 1.15%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does SHYPX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
SHYPX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. SHYPX front-end sales load is 0. SHYPX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is SHYPX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 2.46%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 2.25%.
10. What is SHYPX beta? How would you assess SHYPX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.54;
- 5-year beta is 0.43.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 20. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 20.
13. What are the pros of investing in SHYPX? What are SHYPX buy reasons?
The following are SHYPX strengths from our perspective:
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in SHYPX? What are SHYPX negatives?
The following are SHYPX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>SHYPX net assets</strong> are $71.80 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>SHYPX 3-year return</strong> is 3.43%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (ICE BofA US High Yield TR USD), 3.97%.
- <strong>SHYPX 5-year return</strong> is 5.12%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (ICE BofA US High Yield TR USD), 6.08%.
- <strong>SHYPX expense ratio</strong> is 1.15%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?