Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about American Beacon SMFYX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for SMFYX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "SMFYX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on SMFYX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "SMFYX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell SMFYX? Or perhaps you’re looking for SMFYX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this SMFYX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: SMFYX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: SMFYX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in SMFYX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to SMFYX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon Stephens Mid-Cap Growth Fund; Class Y Shares (SMFYX).
- What are SMFYX holdings?
- What is SMFYX performance? What are SMFYX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did SMFYX have historically?
- What is SMFYX dividend yield?
- What is SMFYX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is SMFYX expense ratio?
- Does SMFYX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is SMFYX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is SMFYX beta? How would you assess SMFYX risk?
- What is SMFYX Sharpe ratio?
- What is SMFYX Finny Score? SMFYX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in SMFYX? What are SMFYX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in SMFYX? What are SMFYX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon Stephens Mid-Cap Growth Fund; Class Y Shares (SMFYX).
The Fund seeks long-term growth of capital. The Fund invests at least 80% of its net assets primarily in common stock of U.S. companies with medium market capitalizations. The Fund considers a company to be a mid-cap company if it has a market capitalization, at the time of purchase, of $2.5 billion to $10 billion.
2. What are SMFYX top holdings?
SMFYX has 91 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 21.42% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|State Street Instl US Govt MMkt Slct||GVSXX||3.36%|
|Cadence Design Systems Inc||CDNS||2.20%|
|IDEXX Laboratories Inc||IDXX||2.18%|
|Spotify Technology SA||SPOT||1.97%|
|MarketAxess Holdings Inc||MKTX||1.95%|
|Verisk Analytics Inc||VRSK||1.89%|
|Shopify Inc A||SHOP.TO||1.81%|
3. What is SMFYX performance? What are SMFYX historical returns?
SMFYX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 1.77%;
- 3-month return is 15.63%;
- 1-year return is 15.63%;
- 3-year return is 21.13%;
- 5-year return is 24.09%;
- 10-year return is 15.30%.
4. How many up and down years did SMFYX have historically?
In the last 10 years, SMFYX had 8 up years and 1 down year.
5. What is SMFYX dividend yield?
SMFYX yield is 0%.
6. What is SMFYX minimum initial investment amount?
SMFYX minimum initial investment amount is $100.00K.
7. What is SMFYX expense ratio?
SMFYX expense ratio is 0.99%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does SMFYX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
SMFYX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. SMFYX front-end sales load is 0. SMFYX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is SMFYX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.28%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.92%.
10. What is SMFYX beta? How would you assess SMFYX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.09;
- 5-year beta is 1.12;
- 10-year beta is 1.06.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 60. Our quantitative analysis shows 3 reasons to buy and 2 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 60.
13. What are the pros of investing in SMFYX? What are SMFYX buy reasons?
The following are SMFYX strengths from our perspective:
- SMFYX 3-year return is 21.13%, which is higher than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell Mid Cap Growth TR USD), 19.42%.
- SMFYX 5-year return is 24.09%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell Mid Cap Growth TR USD), 22%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in SMFYX? What are SMFYX negatives?
The following are SMFYX weaknesses from our perspective:
- SMFYX net assets are $69.10 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- SMFYX expense ratio is 0.99%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?