Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
10 important things you should know about American Beacon SPFLX mutual fund
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for SPFLX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "SPFLX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on SPFLX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "SPFLX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell SPFLX? Or perhaps you’re looking for SPFLX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this SPFLX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: SPFLX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: SPFLX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in SPFLX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to SPFLX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon Sound Point Floating Rate Income Fund; Institutional Class Shares (SPFLX).
- What are SPFLX holdings?
- What is SPFLX performance? What are SPFLX historical returns?
- What is SPFLX dividend yield?
- What is SPFLX minimum initial investment amount?
- Does SPFLX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is SPFLX Finny Score? SPFLX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in SPFLX? What are SPFLX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in SPFLX? What are SPFLX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon Sound Point Floating Rate Income Fund; Institutional Class Shares (SPFLX).
The Fund seeks to provide a high level of current income consistent with strong risk-adjusted returns. The Fund invests at least 80% of its net assets in income producing floating rate loans and other floating rate debt securities, which may include bonds, notes and debentures issued by corporation or US government.
2. What are SPFLX top holdings?
SPFLX has 0 stock holdings and 336 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 14.29% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|American Beacon US Govt MMkt Select||AAOXX||3.87%|
|VFH PARENT LLC 2019 TERM LOAN B||N/A||1.35%|
|MILEAGE PLUS HOLDINGS LLC 2020 TERM LOAN B||N/A||1.34%|
|Panther BF Aggregator 2 LP / Panther Finance Company Inc 8.5%||N/A||1.32%|
|EIG Investors Corporation 10.88%||N/A||1.25%|
|Ten X Llc Term Loan||N/A||1.16%|
|ABG INTERMEDIATE HLDGS 2 LLC FIRST LIEN||N/A||1.05%|
|MAYFIELD AGY BORROWER INC TERM LOAN B||N/A||1.03%|
|PERFORCE SOFTWARE, INC. 2020 TERM LOAN B||N/A||0.98%|
|FRONTERA GENERATION HLDGS LLC TERM LOAN B 1||N/A||0.94%|
3. What is SPFLX performance? What are SPFLX historical returns?
SPFLX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 0.61%;
- 3-month return is 1.01%;
- 1-year return is 1.01%;
- 3-year return is 2.60%;
- 5-year return is 3.65%.
4. What is SPFLX dividend yield?
SPFLX yield is 4.69%.
5. What is SPFLX minimum initial investment amount?
SPFLX minimum initial investment amount is $250.00K.
6. Does SPFLX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
SPFLX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. SPFLX front-end sales load is 0. SPFLX back-end sales load is 0.
7. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 20. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 20.
8. What are the pros of investing in SPFLX? What are SPFLX buy reasons?
The following are SPFLX strengths from our perspective:
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
9. What are the cons of investing in SPFLX? What are SPFLX negatives?
The following are SPFLX weaknesses from our perspective:
- SPFLX net assets are $179.80 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- SPFLX 3-year return is 2.6%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Credit Suisse Leveraged Loan USD), 4.09%.
- SPFLX 5-year return is 3.65%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Credit Suisse Leveraged Loan USD), 4.64%.
- SPFLX expense ratio is 0.9%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?