Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about American Beacon SPFPX mutual fund
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for SPFPX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "SPFPX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on SPFPX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "SPFPX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell SPFPX? Or perhaps you’re looking for SPFPX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this SPFPX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: SPFPX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: SPFPX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in SPFPX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to SPFPX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon Sound Point Floating Rate Income Fund; Investor Class Shares (SPFPX).
- What are SPFPX holdings?
- What is SPFPX performance? What are SPFPX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did SPFPX have historically?
- What is SPFPX dividend yield?
- What is SPFPX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is SPFPX expense ratio?
- Does SPFPX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is SPFPX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is SPFPX beta? How would you assess SPFPX risk?
- What is SPFPX Sharpe ratio?
- What is SPFPX Finny Score? SPFPX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in SPFPX? What are SPFPX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in SPFPX? What are SPFPX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon Sound Point Floating Rate Income Fund; Investor Class Shares (SPFPX).
The Fund seeks to provide a high level of current income consistent with strong risk-adjusted returns. The Fund invests at least 80% of its net assets in income producing floating rate loans and other floating rate debt securities, which may include bonds, notes and debentures issued by corporation or US government.
2. What are SPFPX top holdings?
SPFPX has 0 stock holdings and 302 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 14.29% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|American Beacon US Govt MMkt Select||AAOXX||3.87%|
|VFH PARENT LLC 2019 TERM LOAN B||N/A||1.35%|
|MILEAGE PLUS HOLDINGS LLC 2020 TERM LOAN B||N/A||1.34%|
|Panther BF Aggregator 2 LP / Panther Finance Company Inc 8.5%||N/A||1.32%|
|EIG Investors Corporation 10.88%||N/A||1.25%|
|Ten X Llc Term Loan||N/A||1.16%|
|ABG INTERMEDIATE HLDGS 2 LLC FIRST LIEN||N/A||1.05%|
|MAYFIELD AGY BORROWER INC TERM LOAN B||N/A||1.03%|
|PERFORCE SOFTWARE, INC. 2020 TERM LOAN B||N/A||0.98%|
|FRONTERA GENERATION HLDGS LLC TERM LOAN B 1||N/A||0.94%|
3. What is SPFPX performance? What are SPFPX historical returns?
SPFPX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 0.52%;
- 3-month return is 2.22%;
- 1-year return is 2.22%;
- 3-year return is 2.47%;
- 5-year return is 3.65%.
4. How many up and down years did SPFPX have historically?
In the last 10 years, SPFPX had 10 up years and 0 down years.
5. What is SPFPX dividend yield?
SPFPX yield is 4.37%.
6. What is SPFPX minimum initial investment amount?
SPFPX minimum initial investment amount is $3.00K.
7. What is SPFPX expense ratio?
SPFPX expense ratio is 1.24%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does SPFPX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
SPFPX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. SPFPX front-end sales load is 0. SPFPX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is SPFPX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 1.82%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 2.26%.
10. What is SPFPX beta? How would you assess SPFPX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.31;
- 5-year beta is 0.20.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 20. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 20.
13. What are the pros of investing in SPFPX? What are SPFPX buy reasons?
The following are SPFPX strengths from our perspective:
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in SPFPX? What are SPFPX negatives?
The following are SPFPX weaknesses from our perspective:
- SPFPX net assets are $54.60 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- SPFPX 3-year return is 2.47%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Credit Suisse Leveraged Loan USD), 4.36%.
- SPFPX 5-year return is 3.65%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Credit Suisse Leveraged Loan USD), 5.04%.
- SPFPX expense ratio is 1.24%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?