7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Beacon SPFYX mutual fund
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for SPFYX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "SPFYX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on SPFYX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "SPFYX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell SPFYX? Or perhaps you’re looking for SPFYX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this SPFYX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: SPFYX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: SPFYX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in SPFYX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to SPFYX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon Sound Point Floating Rate Income Fund; Class Y Shares (SPFYX).
- What are SPFYX holdings?
- What is SPFYX performance? What are SPFYX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did SPFYX have historically?
- What is SPFYX dividend yield?
- What is SPFYX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is SPFYX expense ratio?
- Does SPFYX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is SPFYX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is SPFYX beta? How would you assess SPFYX risk?
- What is SPFYX Sharpe ratio?
- What is SPFYX Finny Score? SPFYX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in SPFYX? What are SPFYX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in SPFYX? What are SPFYX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon Sound Point Floating Rate Income Fund; Class Y Shares (SPFYX).
The Fund seeks to provide a high level of current income consistent with strong risk-adjusted returns. The Fund invests at least 80% of its net assets in income producing floating rate loans and other floating rate debt securities, which may include bonds, notes and debentures issued by corporation or US government.
2. What are SPFYX top holdings?
SPFYX has 1 stock holdings and 268 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 12.20% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Panther BF Aggregator 2 LP / Panther Finance Company Inc 8.5%||N/A||1.56%|
|GLOBAL EAGLE ENTMT INC TERM LOAN||N/A||1.38%|
|VFH PARENT LLC 2019 TERM LOAN B||N/A||1.29%|
|FRONTERA GENERATION HLDGS LLC TERM LOAN B 1||N/A||1.22%|
|CommScope Inc. 5.5%||N/A||1.18%|
|Qualtek Usa Llc Term Loan B||N/A||1.18%|
|Netsmart Inc Term Loan D 1||N/A||1.12%|
|POLYMER ADDITIVES INC 2018 1ST LIEN TERM LOAN||N/A||1.12%|
|EIG Investors Corporation 10.88%||N/A||1.09%|
|GENUINE FINL HLDGS LLC FIRST LIEN||N/A||1.06%|
3. What is SPFYX performance? What are SPFYX historical returns?
SPFYX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 1.35%;
- 3-month return is 3.94%;
- 1-year return is -3.35%;
- 3-year return is 0.89%;
- 5-year return is 2.75%.
4. How many up and down years did SPFYX have historically?
In the last 10 years, SPFYX had 10 up years and 0 down years.
5. What is SPFYX dividend yield?
SPFYX yield is 6.5%.
6. What is SPFYX minimum initial investment amount?
SPFYX minimum initial investment amount is $100.00K.
7. What is SPFYX expense ratio?
SPFYX expense ratio is 0.91%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does SPFYX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
SPFYX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. SPFYX front-end sales load is 0. SPFYX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is SPFYX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 2.49%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 2.42%.
10. What is SPFYX beta? How would you assess SPFYX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.31;
- 5-year beta is 0.20.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 20. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 20.
13. What are the pros of investing in SPFYX? What are SPFYX buy reasons?
The following are SPFYX strengths from our perspective:
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in SPFYX? What are SPFYX negatives?
The following are SPFYX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>SPFYX net assets</strong> are $519.00 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>SPFYX 3-year return</strong> is 0.89%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Credit Suisse Leveraged Loan USD), 3.06%.
- <strong>SPFYX 5-year return</strong> is 2.75%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Credit Suisse Leveraged Loan USD), 3.75%.
- <strong>SPFYX expense ratio</strong> is 0.91%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?