Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
10 important things you should know about American Beacon SPFYX mutual fund
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for SPFYX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "SPFYX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on SPFYX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "SPFYX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell SPFYX? Or perhaps you’re looking for SPFYX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this SPFYX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: SPFYX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: SPFYX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in SPFYX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to SPFYX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon Sound Point Floating Rate Income Fund; Class Y Shares (SPFYX).
- What are SPFYX holdings?
- What is SPFYX performance? What are SPFYX historical returns?
- What is SPFYX dividend yield?
- What is SPFYX minimum initial investment amount?
- Does SPFYX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is SPFYX Finny Score? SPFYX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in SPFYX? What are SPFYX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in SPFYX? What are SPFYX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon Sound Point Floating Rate Income Fund; Class Y Shares (SPFYX).
The Fund seeks to provide a high level of current income consistent with strong risk-adjusted returns. The Fund invests at least 80% of its net assets in income producing floating rate loans and other floating rate debt securities, which may include bonds, notes and debentures issued by corporation or US government.
2. What are SPFYX top holdings?
SPFYX has 0 stock holdings and 336 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 14.29% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|American Beacon US Govt MMkt Select||AAOXX||3.87%|
|VFH PARENT LLC 2019 TERM LOAN B||N/A||1.35%|
|MILEAGE PLUS HOLDINGS LLC 2020 TERM LOAN B||N/A||1.34%|
|Panther BF Aggregator 2 LP / Panther Finance Company Inc 8.5%||N/A||1.32%|
|EIG Investors Corporation 10.88%||N/A||1.25%|
|Ten X Llc Term Loan||N/A||1.16%|
|ABG INTERMEDIATE HLDGS 2 LLC FIRST LIEN||N/A||1.05%|
|MAYFIELD AGY BORROWER INC TERM LOAN B||N/A||1.03%|
|PERFORCE SOFTWARE, INC. 2020 TERM LOAN B||N/A||0.98%|
|FRONTERA GENERATION HLDGS LLC TERM LOAN B 1||N/A||0.94%|
3. What is SPFYX performance? What are SPFYX historical returns?
SPFYX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 0.60%;
- 3-month return is 1.11%;
- 1-year return is 1.11%;
- 3-year return is 2.52%;
- 5-year return is 3.59%.
4. What is SPFYX dividend yield?
SPFYX yield is 4.63%.
5. What is SPFYX minimum initial investment amount?
SPFYX minimum initial investment amount is $100.00K.
6. Does SPFYX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
SPFYX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. SPFYX front-end sales load is 0. SPFYX back-end sales load is 0.
7. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 20. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 20.
8. What are the pros of investing in SPFYX? What are SPFYX buy reasons?
The following are SPFYX strengths from our perspective:
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
9. What are the cons of investing in SPFYX? What are SPFYX negatives?
The following are SPFYX weaknesses from our perspective:
- SPFYX net assets are $354.10 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- SPFYX 3-year return is 2.52%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Credit Suisse Leveraged Loan USD), 4.09%.
- SPFYX 5-year return is 3.59%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Credit Suisse Leveraged Loan USD), 4.64%.
- SPFYX expense ratio is 0.96%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?