Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about SouthernSunFunds SSEFX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for SSEFX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "SSEFX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on SSEFX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "SSEFX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell SSEFX? Or perhaps you’re looking for SSEFX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this SSEFX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: SSEFX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: SSEFX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in SSEFX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to SSEFX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe AMG Funds: AMG SouthernSun US Equity Fund; Class N Shares (SSEFX).
- What are SSEFX holdings?
- What is SSEFX performance? What are SSEFX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did SSEFX have historically?
- What is SSEFX dividend yield?
- What is SSEFX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is SSEFX expense ratio?
- Does SSEFX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is SSEFX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is SSEFX beta? How would you assess SSEFX risk?
- What is SSEFX Sharpe ratio?
- What is SSEFX Finny Score? SSEFX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in SSEFX? What are SSEFX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in SSEFX? What are SSEFX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe AMG Funds: AMG SouthernSun US Equity Fund; Class N Shares (SSEFX).
The Fund seeks to provide long-term capital appreciation. the Fund invests at least 80% of its assets in equity securities of US companies. The Fund seeks to invest primarily in common stocks of small to middle capitalization companies that the portfolio manager selects using value-oriented investment strategy.
2. What are SSEFX top holdings?
SSEFX has 21 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 51.73% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Darling Ingredients Inc||DAR||6.76%|
|Dycom Industries Inc||DY||6.02%|
|The Brink's Co||BCO||5.52%|
|The Timken Co||TKR||5.21%|
|Extended Stay America Inc||STAY||5.19%|
|Thor Industries Inc||THO||4.59%|
|Trinity Industries Inc||TRN||4.08%|
3. What is SSEFX performance? What are SSEFX historical returns?
SSEFX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -1.86%;
- 3-month return is -1.27%;
- 1-year return is -1.27%;
- 3-year return is 10.86%;
- 5-year return is 9.34%.
4. How many up and down years did SSEFX have historically?
In the last 10 years, SSEFX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is SSEFX dividend yield?
SSEFX yield is 0.32%.
6. What is SSEFX minimum initial investment amount?
SSEFX minimum initial investment amount is $3.00K.
7. What is SSEFX expense ratio?
SSEFX expense ratio is 1.32%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does SSEFX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
SSEFX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0.25. SSEFX front-end sales load is 0. SSEFX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is SSEFX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.16%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.73%.
10. What is SSEFX beta? How would you assess SSEFX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.39;
- 5-year beta is 1.38.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 5 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in SSEFX? What are SSEFX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy SSEFX.
14. What are the cons of investing in SSEFX? What are SSEFX negatives?
The following are SSEFX weaknesses from our perspective:
- SSEFX net assets are $5.90 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- SSEFX 3-year return is 10.86%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 2500 TR USD), 15.17%.
- SSEFX 5-year return is 9.34%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 2500 TR USD), 16.3%.
- SSEFX expense ratio is 1.32%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 0.25%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund.