Before we start: if you're looking for STSGX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "STSGX quote". If you're looking for a quick scoop on STSGX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "STSGX". You'll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell STSGX? Or perhaps you're looking for STSGX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this STSGX mutual fund review, we'll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you'll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: STSGX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: STSGX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in STSGX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to STSGX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon Stephens Small Cap Growth Fund; Investor Clas Shares (STSGX).
- What are STSGX holdings?
- What is STSGX performance? What are STSGX historical returns?
- What is STSGX dividend yield?
- What is STSGX minimum initial investment amount?
- Does STSGX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is STSGX Finny Score? STSGX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in STSGX? What are STSGX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in STSGX? What are STSGX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon Stephens Small Cap Growth Fund; Investor Clas Shares (STSGX).
The Fund seeks long-term growth of capital. The Fund invests primarily in common stock of U.S. companies with small market capitalizations. The Fund will seek to identify growth stocks using a disciplined, bottom-up approach, employing quantitative analysis and fundamental research with a focus on earnings growth.
2. What are STSGX top holdings?
STSGX has 107 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings .
The top 10 holdings represent 18.51% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Manhattan Associates Inc||MANH||1.99%|
|Papa John's International Inc||PZZA||1.87%|
|Tandem Diabetes Care Inc||TNDM||1.87%|
|MGP Ingredients Inc||MGPI||1.85%|
|SiteOne Landscape Supply Inc||SITE||1.73%|
STSGX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 9.25%;
- 3-month return is -0.99%;
- 1-year return is -20.14%;
- 3-year return is 5.70%;
- 5-year return is 11.16%;
- 10-year return is 10.32%.
5. What is STSGX minimum initial investment amount?
STSGX minimum initial investment amount is $3.00K.
6. Does STSGX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
7. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 17. Our quantitative analysis shows 1 reason to buy and 5 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 17.
The following are STSGX strengths from our perspective:
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
The following are STSGX weaknesses from our perspective:
- STSGX net assets are $39.10 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- STSGX 3-year return is 5.7%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 2000 Growth TR USD), 19.34%.
- STSGX 5-year return is 11.16%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 2000 Growth TR USD), 20.72%.
- STSGX 10-year return is 10.32%, which is lower than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (Russell 2000 Growth TR USD), 13.98%.
- STSGX expense ratio is 1.3%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?