Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
15 important things you should know about American Funds TAICX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for TAICX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "TAICX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on TAICX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "TAICX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell TAICX? Or perhaps you’re looking for TAICX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this TAICX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: TAICX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: TAICX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in TAICX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to TAICX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Portfolio Series: American Funds Tax-Advantaged Income Portfolio; Class C Shares (TAICX).
- What are TAICX holdings?
- What is TAICX performance? What are TAICX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did TAICX have historically?
- What is TAICX dividend yield?
- What is TAICX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is TAICX expense ratio?
- Does TAICX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is TAICX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is TAICX beta? How would you assess TAICX risk?
- What is TAICX Sharpe ratio?
- What is TAICX Finny Score? TAICX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in TAICX? What are TAICX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in TAICX? What are TAICX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Portfolio Series: American Funds Tax-Advantaged Income Portfolio; Class C Shares (TAICX).
The Fund seeks to provide current income while secondarily striving for long-term growth of capital. Under normal market conditions, the Fund will seek to generate material portion of its current income from underlying funds that invest in bonds that are exempt from regular income tax, such as municipal bonds.
2. What are TAICX top holdings?
TAICX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 6 holdings represent 100.01% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|American High-Income Municipal Bond R-6||N/A||24.90%|
|American Funds Capital World Gr&Inc R6||RWIGX||20.15%|
|American Funds Washington Mutual R6||RWMGX||15.15%|
|American Funds American Mutual R6||RMFGX||15.14%|
|American Funds Tax Exempt Bond R-6||N/A||14.83%|
|American Funds Ltd-Term Tx-Ex Bd R-6||N/A||9.84%|
3. What is TAICX performance? What are TAICX historical returns?
TAICX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 0.56%;
- 3-month return is 3.71%;
- 1-year return is 3.71%;
- 3-year return is 8.81%;
- 5-year return is 7.96%.
4. How many up and down years did TAICX have historically?
In the last 10 years, TAICX had 9 up years and 1 down year.
5. What is TAICX dividend yield?
TAICX yield is 1.23%.
6. What is TAICX minimum initial investment amount?
TAICX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is TAICX expense ratio?
TAICX expense ratio is 1.05%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does TAICX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
TAICX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. TAICX front-end sales load is 0. TAICX back-end sales load is 1.
9. What is TAICX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.44%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.52%.
10. What is TAICX beta? How would you assess TAICX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.76;
- 5-year beta is 0.75.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 5 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in TAICX? What are TAICX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy TAICX.
14. What are the cons of investing in TAICX? What are TAICX negatives?
The following are TAICX weaknesses from our perspective:
- TAICX net assets are $395.40 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- TAICX 3-year return is 8.81%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 19.06%.
- TAICX 5-year return is 7.96%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P 500 TR USD), 17.9%.
- TAICX expense ratio is 1.05%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.