7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $15/month, without ads. Start a trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Funds TEPCX mutual fund
- No Bull case arguments for now!
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for TEPCX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "TEPCX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on TEPCX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "TEPCX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell TEPCX? Or perhaps you’re looking for TEPCX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this TEPCX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: TEPCX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: TEPCX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in TEPCX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to TEPCX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Funds Portfolio Series: American Funds Tax-Exempt Preservation Portfolio; Class C Series (TEPCX).
- What are TEPCX holdings?
- What is TEPCX performance? What are TEPCX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did TEPCX have historically?
- What is TEPCX dividend yield?
- What is TEPCX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is TEPCX expense ratio?
- Does TEPCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is TEPCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is TEPCX beta? How would you assess TEPCX risk?
- What is TEPCX Sharpe ratio?
- What is TEPCX Finny Score? TEPCX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in TEPCX? What are TEPCX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in TEPCX? What are TEPCX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Funds Portfolio Series: American Funds Tax-Exempt Preservation Portfolio; Class C Series (TEPCX).
The Fund seeks to current income that is exempt from federal income tax, consistent with preservation of capital. Under normal market conditions, the fund seeks to generate a material portion of its current income from underlying funds that invest in bonds that are exempt from regular income tax, such as municipal bonds.
2. What are TEPCX top holdings?
TEPCX has 0 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 2 holdings represent 100.02% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|American Funds Ltd-Term Tx-Ex Bd R-6||N/A||70.01%|
|American Funds Shrt-Term Tx-Exmpt Bd R-6||N/A||30.01%|
3. What is TEPCX performance? What are TEPCX historical returns?
TEPCX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 0.22%;
- 3-month return is 0.47%;
- 1-year return is 2.93%;
- 3-year return is 2.22%;
- 5-year return is 1.45%.
4. How many up and down years did TEPCX have historically?
In the last 10 years, TEPCX had 8 up years and 2 down years.
5. What is TEPCX dividend yield?
TEPCX yield is 0.68%.
6. What is TEPCX minimum initial investment amount?
TEPCX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
7. What is TEPCX expense ratio?
TEPCX expense ratio is 1.07%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does TEPCX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
TEPCX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. TEPCX front-end sales load is 0. TEPCX back-end sales load is 1.
9. What is TEPCX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0%.
10. What is TEPCX beta? How would you assess TEPCX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.51;
- 5-year beta is 0.55.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 0. Our quantitative analysis shows 0 reasons to buy and 5 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 0.
13. What are the pros of investing in TEPCX? What are TEPCX buy reasons?
We don't see any strong reasons to buy TEPCX.
14. What are the cons of investing in TEPCX? What are TEPCX negatives?
The following are TEPCX weaknesses from our perspective:
- TEPCX net assets are $38.20 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- TEPCX 3-year return is 2.22%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (BBgBarc Municipal 1-7 Yr Blend TR USD), 3.42%.
- TEPCX 5-year return is 1.45%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (BBgBarc Municipal 1-7 Yr Blend TR USD), 2.48%.
- TEPCX expense ratio is 1.07%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.