7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Beacon TOVIX mutual fund
- 10-year return above the benchmark
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- 3-year return below the benchmark
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for TOVIX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "TOVIX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on TOVIX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "TOVIX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell TOVIX? Or perhaps you’re looking for TOVIX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this TOVIX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: TOVIX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: TOVIX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in TOVIX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to TOVIX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon Tocqueville International Value Fund; Institutional Class Shares (TOVIX).
- What are TOVIX holdings?
- What is TOVIX performance? What are TOVIX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did TOVIX have historically?
- What is TOVIX dividend yield?
- What is TOVIX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is TOVIX expense ratio?
- Does TOVIX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is TOVIX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is TOVIX beta? How would you assess TOVIX risk?
- What is TOVIX Sharpe ratio?
- What is TOVIX Finny Score? TOVIX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in TOVIX? What are TOVIX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in TOVIX? What are TOVIX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Beacon Funds: American Beacon Tocqueville International Value Fund; Institutional Class Shares (TOVIX).
The Fund seeks long-term capital appreciation. It will invest at least 65% of its total assets in the equity securities of companies based in at least three different countries located outside the United States, which may include developed and emerging market countries. Its strategy is value oriented and contrarian.
2. What are TOVIX top holdings?
TOVIX has 47 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 31.54% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Roche Holding AG Dividend Right Cert.||ROG||3.64%|
|Samsung Electronics Co Ltd Participating Preferred||005935.KS||3.32%|
|Unilever NV ADR||UN||3.06%|
|Groupe Bruxelles Lambert SA||GBLB||2.86%|
3. What is TOVIX performance? What are TOVIX historical returns?
TOVIX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 1.94%;
- 3-month return is 6.91%;
- 1-year return is 6.58%;
- 3-year return is -0.49%;
- 5-year return is 4.59%;
- 10-year return is 5.94%.
4. How many up and down years did TOVIX have historically?
In the last 10 years, TOVIX had 7 up years and 3 down years. See Performances
5. What is TOVIX dividend yield?
TOVIX yield is %.
6. What is TOVIX minimum initial investment amount?
TOVIX minimum initial investment amount is N/A.
7. What is TOVIX expense ratio?
TOVIX expense ratio is 0.88%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses. See Expenses
8. Does TOVIX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
TOVIX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. TOVIX front-end sales load is 0. TOVIX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is TOVIX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.96%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is %.
10. What is TOVIX beta? How would you assess TOVIX risk?
- 3-year beta is 0.96;
- 5-year beta is 0.94;
- 10-year beta is 0.93.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 33. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 4 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 33.
13. What are the pros of investing in TOVIX? What are TOVIX buy reasons?
The following are TOVIX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>TOVIX 10-year return</strong> is 5.94%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EAFE NR USD), 5.37%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in TOVIX? What are TOVIX negatives?
The following are TOVIX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>TOVIX net assets</strong> are $39.20 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>TOVIX 3-year return</strong> is -0.49%, which is lower than the 3-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EAFE NR USD), 1.69%.
- <strong>TOVIX 5-year return</strong> is 4.59%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EAFE NR USD), 5.23%.
- <strong>TOVIX expense ratio</strong> is 0.88%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?