7-day free trial: Get unlimited comparisons, and stock, ETF and mutual fund analyses for just $14.95 a month, without ads. Start a free trial. Go ad free!
15 important things you should know about American Century Investments TWMIX mutual fund
- 5-year return above the benchmark
- 10-year return above the benchmark
- 15-year return above the benchmark
- No sales load or distribution fees
- Low net assets
- High expense ratio
Before we start: if you’re looking for TWMIX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "TWMIX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on TWMIX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "TWMIX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell TWMIX? Or perhaps you’re looking for TWMIX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this TWMIX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: TWMIX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: TWMIX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in TWMIX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to TWMIX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe American Century World Mutual Funds, Inc: Emerging Markets Fund; Investor Class Shares (TWMIX).
- What are TWMIX holdings?
- What is TWMIX performance? What are TWMIX historical returns?
- How many up and down years did TWMIX have historically?
- What is TWMIX dividend yield?
- What is TWMIX minimum initial investment amount?
- What is TWMIX expense ratio?
- Does TWMIX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is TWMIX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- What is TWMIX beta? How would you assess TWMIX risk?
- What is TWMIX Sharpe ratio?
- What is TWMIX Finny Score? TWMIX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in TWMIX? What are TWMIX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in TWMIX? What are TWMIX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe American Century World Mutual Funds, Inc: Emerging Markets Fund; Investor Class Shares (TWMIX).
The Fund seeks capital growth. The Fund seeks to invest at least 80% of its assets in equity securities of companies located in emerging market countries. The Fund managers look for stocks of companies they believe will increase in value over time.
2. What are TWMIX top holdings?
TWMIX has 83 stock holdings and 0 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 43.04% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|Alibaba Group Holding Ltd ADR||BABA||8.24%|
|Tencent Holdings Ltd||00700||8.03%|
|Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd||2330.TW||7.29%|
|Samsung Electronics Co Ltd||005930.KS||5.27%|
|Naspers Ltd Class N||NPN.JO||2.80%|
|GDS Holdings Ltd ADR||GDS||2.75%|
|China Construction Bank Corp Class H||00939||2.31%|
|Industrial And Commercial Bank Of China Ltd Class H||01398||2.16%|
|Country Garden Services Holdings Co Ltd||06098||2.11%|
|HDFC Bank Ltd||HDFCBANK.B||2.08%|
3. What is TWMIX performance? What are TWMIX historical returns?
TWMIX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is 0.73%;
- 3-month return is 13.11%;
- 1-year return is 13.88%;
- 3-year return is 1.85%;
- 5-year return is 9.82%;
- 10-year return is 4.76%;
- 15-year return is 6.71%.
4. How many up and down years did TWMIX have historically?
In the last 10 years, TWMIX had 6 up years and 4 down years.
5. What is TWMIX dividend yield?
TWMIX yield is 0.48%.
6. What is TWMIX minimum initial investment amount?
TWMIX minimum initial investment amount is $3.00K.
7. What is TWMIX expense ratio?
TWMIX expense ratio is 1.25%. The expense ratio of a fund is the total percentage of fund assets used for administrative, management, and all other expenses.
8. Does TWMIX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
TWMIX 12b-1 distribution fee is 0. TWMIX front-end sales load is 0. TWMIX back-end sales load is 0.
9. What is TWMIX tax efficiency (tax-cost ratio)?
- 1-year ax cost ratio is 0.57%;
- 3-year ax cost ratio is 0.32%.
10. What is TWMIX beta? How would you assess TWMIX risk?
- 3-year beta is 1.10;
- 5-year beta is 1.06;
- 10-year beta is 1.11;
- 15-year beta is 1.21.
12. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 67. Our quantitative analysis shows 4 reasons to buy and 2 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 67.
13. What are the pros of investing in TWMIX? What are TWMIX buy reasons?
The following are TWMIX strengths from our perspective:
- <strong>TWMIX 5-year return</strong> is 9.82%, which is higher than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 8.49%.
- <strong>TWMIX 10-year return</strong> is 4.76%, which is higher than the 10-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 2.89%.
- <strong>TWMIX 15-year return</strong> is 6.71%, which is higher than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (MSCI EM NR USD), 5.98%.
- Good news: this fund does not have 12b1, front-end or back-end sales fees.
14. What are the cons of investing in TWMIX? What are TWMIX negatives?
The following are TWMIX weaknesses from our perspective:
- <strong>TWMIX net assets</strong> are $642.60 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- <strong>TWMIX expense ratio</strong> is 1.25%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?