Get comparisons, analyses and forecasts for stocks, ETFs & funds
10 important things you should know about Invesco VMICX mutual fund
- 3-year return above the benchmark
- 10-year return above the benchmark
- Low net assets
- 5-year return below the benchmark
- 15-year return below the benchmark
- High expense ratio
- Sales load and/or distribution fees
Before we start: if you’re looking for VMICX “stock” price, you can quickly find it out by visiting Finny and typing "VMICX quote". If you’re looking for a quick scoop on VMICX "stock" (price chart, key stats, buy or sell analysis and holdings), go to Finny and look for "VMICX". You’ll get all this info in one place.
Are you looking to buy or sell VMICX? Or perhaps you’re looking for VMICX fact sheet, and learn about its alternatives? If so, you came to the right place.
In this VMICX mutual fund review, we’ll address key questions our readers have been asking us about this fund, above and beyond what you can find in its prospectus, and on Morningstar or Yahoo Finance.
Here is what you’ll be able to find in this review:
- Fact Sheet: VMICX performance, returns, expense ratio, holdings and dividend yield;
- Analysis: VMICX buy or sell; the pros and cons of investing in VMICX mutual fund;
- Alternatives: other ETFs and mutual funds you should consider as alternatives to VMICX.
And here is the list of questions we’ll answer:
- Describe AIM Tax-Exempt Funds (Invesco Tax-Exempt Funds): Invesco Municipal Income Fund; Class C Shares (VMICX).
- What are VMICX holdings?
- What is VMICX performance? What are VMICX historical returns?
- What is VMICX dividend yield?
- What is VMICX minimum initial investment amount?
- Does VMICX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
- What is VMICX Finny Score? VMICX buy or sell?
- What are the pros of investing in VMICX? What are VMICX buy reasons?
- What are the cons of investing in VMICX? What are VMICX sell reasons?
So let’s start. Scroll down to the question that interests you the most.
1. Describe AIM Tax-Exempt Funds (Invesco Tax-Exempt Funds): Invesco Municipal Income Fund; Class C Shares (VMICX).
The Fund seeks to provide a high level of current income exempt from federal income tax, consistent with preservation of capital by investing at least 80% of its assets in a diversified portfolio of tax-exempt municipal securities rated investment grade at the time of purchase.
2. What are VMICX top holdings?
VMICX has 0 stock holdings and 752 bond holdings.
The top 10 holdings represent 6.50% of total assets. Here are the top holdings:
|PUBLIC AUTH FOR COLO ENERGY NAT GAS PUR REV 6.5%||N/A||1.11%|
|BUCKEYE OHIO TOB SETTLEMENT FING AUTH 5%||N/A||0.72%|
|ROANOKE VA ECONOMIC DEV AUTH HOSP REV 5%||N/A||0.68%|
|WASHINGTON ST CONVENTION CTR PUB FACS DIST 5%||N/A||0.63%|
|TENNESSEE ENERGY ACQUISITION CORP GAS REV 4%||N/A||0.61%|
|NEW YORK TRANSN DEV CORP SPL FAC REV 5%||N/A||0.60%|
|SALT VERDE FINL CORP SR GAS REV ARIZ 5%||N/A||0.58%|
|LUCAS CNTY OHIO HOSP REV 5.25%||N/A||0.53%|
|METROPOLITAN WASH D C ARPTS AUTH ARPT SYS REV 5%||N/A||0.53%|
|ALLEGHENY CNTY PA HOSP DEV AUTH REV 5%||N/A||0.51%|
3. What is VMICX performance? What are VMICX historical returns?
VMICX has generated the following returns:
- 1-month return is -1.03%;
- 3-month return is -1.64%;
- 1-year return is -1.64%;
- 3-year return is 4.72%;
- 5-year return is 2.77%;
- 10-year return is 3.68%;
- 15-year return is 3.07%.
4. What is VMICX dividend yield?
VMICX yield is 2.29%.
5. What is VMICX minimum initial investment amount?
VMICX minimum initial investment amount is $1.00K.
6. Does VMICX have any sales loads or 12b-1 distribution expenses?
VMICX 12b-1 distribution fee is 1. VMICX front-end sales load is 0. VMICX back-end sales load is 1.
7. What is Finny Score? buy or sell?
Finny Score is 29. Our quantitative analysis shows 2 reasons to buy and 5 reasons to sell it, resulting in the Finny Score of 29.
8. What are the pros of investing in VMICX? What are VMICX buy reasons?
The following are VMICX strengths from our perspective:
- VMICX 3-year return is 4.72%, which is in line with the 3-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Municipal Bond TR), 5.06%.
- VMICX 10-year return is 3.68%, which is in line with the 10-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Municipal Bond TR), 4.02%.
9. What are the cons of investing in VMICX? What are VMICX negatives?
The following are VMICX weaknesses from our perspective:
- VMICX net assets are $200.60 million. This fund is not a popular choice with retail investors.
- VMICX 5-year return is 2.77%, which is lower than the 5-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Municipal Bond TR), 3.26%.
- VMICX 15-year return is 3.07%, which is lower than the 15-year return of the benchmark index (S&P Municipal Bond TR), 4.18%.
- VMICX expense ratio is 1.56%, which is not negligible. Is the fund expensive to you, and does it align to your investment strategy?
- Warning: this fund has a 12b1 and deferred sales fee. The maximum 12b1 fee is 1%, while the maximum deferred sales load is 1%. A 12b-1 fee is an annual marketing or distribution fee on a mutual fund. Deferred sales load is a back-end sales charge and is imposed when an investor redeems shares.